- 2012 Santa Cruz Good Times Trainer of the Year
- USA Weightlifting Level 2 Senior Club Coach
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified Trainer
- Robb Wolf Nutrition Certified
- Movement and Mobility Certified (Kelly Starrett)
- CrossFit Football
- Nationally Registered EMT/CPR Certified
2012 Good Times Trainer of the year Kyle Haynes is the owner and head coach at Santa Cruz Strength. A USA Weightlifting certified coach and athlete, Kyle both competes as a weightlifter and coaches Team SCS. Additionally, Kyle writes and administers programs for over 100 clients from elite athletes to general fitness folks. Kyle has a wealth of experience and success in coaching professional football players, Olympic athletes, competitive weightlifters, competitive CrossFitters, college bound high school athletes from multiple sports, and has helped hundreds more lose body fat, improve fitness, and better their lives. As a passionate, caring coach Kyle is adamant about his number one rule for anyone wanting to stay on track in their fitness or athletic endeavors, "Do No Harm." You can expect to work harder than ever with confidence that your health and safety is a priority.
Kyle is also highly sought after by clients for nutrition consultation. He has extensive knowledge and passion for the subject and has helped countless people reach their fitness and performance goals. Whether it be fat loss, muscle/mass gain, increased energy, or better sleep, Kyle can help create a nutrition and lifestyle plan for you.
For Private training, sport specific development, Olympic lifting instruction or nutrition consultations contact trainer Kyle Haynes at (831) 334-7273 or email him at email@example.com
-Over 10 years experience in Private training, Strength & Conditioning, Softball
-CrossFit Level I
-Robb Wolf Nutrition Certified
-Movement and Mobility Certified (Kelly Starrett)
-Currently coaches SCS Barbell Club, S&C classes, Kids/organized sports, private training
-CrossFit Coach 2009-2011
-Div I College Coach 2005-2008; Penn State, Boston University
-UC Berkeley Strength & Conditioning Coach 2002 (men’s and women’s basketball, track and field, water polo, men’s and women’s swimming, men’s baseball, women’s golf, and men’s soccer.
-Currently ranked in the top three (USA) for Olympic Weightlifting 63kg class/6th in 69kg class
-Holds 4 records in the Pacific Weightlifting Association including 63kg class snatch, clean&jerk, total and the 69kg class clean & jerk.
-CrossFit Nor Cal Champion 2009
-CrossFit Games competitor 2009
-Professional Athlete 6 years- New England Riptide
-World Champion 2005, MVP
-Dutch semi Pro athlete (team DSC 74) 2003
-Dutch National Champion 2003, MVP
-Full Scholarship Athlete (softball) at Cal Berkeley 1998-2002
-National Champion 2002, MVP
As an experienced weightlifting, strength & conditioning, and softball pitching coach with a high level athletic background of her own, Jocelyn is highly sought after by clients of all ages and abilities. With a specific passion for movement and human performance, Jocelyn specializes in developing quality athleticism (whether for life or sport) through strength training, Olympic weightlifting, and functional metabolic conditioning. She coaches for the Santa Cruz Strength Barbell Club and teaches SCS Strength & Conditioning classes. Jocelyn’s specialty also includes training kids. She currently coaches 20+ kids ages 7-16 in the sport of weightlifting and/or strength & conditioning for their sports.
Philosophy: In a world where the pursuit of fitness is driven by the desire to be thin Jocelyn aims to reshape the idea of fitness all together. She believes that if one shifts their efforts away from losing weight and instead aims to get stronger and perform better while fueling the body with nutritious foods that all of the aesthetic benefits will follow. Furthermore, when one begins to gain strength and the ability to execute physical things they never thought possible not only will they become lean, fit, and athletic but they will become empowered and gain confidence in every aspect of life.
For private training Jocelyn can be reached at 831-334-7280.
· National Strength & Conditioning Association – Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist.
· USA Weightlifting – Club Coach with Jim Schmitz & Butch Curry.
· USA Gymnastics, School of Recreational Gymnastics – Advanced Teacher.
· SFG Kettlebell Instructor – Level I with Pavel Tsatsouline & Dan John.
· Concept2 – Certified Indoor Rowing Instructor.
· CrossFit – Level 2 Trainer.
· MovNat – Level 2 Certified Trainer with Erwan Le Corre.
· TRX Trainer – Level 1.
· Precision Nutrition – Level 1 with John Berardi.
· Certified FMS Professional – Level 2.
· Training the Pregnant and Postpartum Client with Annette Lang.
· American Heart Association – Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program.
· County of Santa Clara Emergency Medical Services Agency – Emergency Medical Technician – 1.
Seminars & Workshops:
· CrossFit – Basic Barbell with Mark Rippetoe.
· CrossFit – Mobility with Kelly Starett.
· CrossFit – Rowing with Erin Cafaro.
· CrossFit – Nutrition with Robb Wolf.
· Z-Health Performance – Essentials of Elite Performance.
· Postural Restoration Institute – Myokinematic Restoration.
· Postural Restoration Institute – Pelvis Restoration.
· Postural Restoration Institute – Postural Respiration.
· Postural Restoration Institute – Impingement & Instability with Ron Hruska.
· Gymnastic Bodies with Christopher Sommer & Ido Portal.
· Catalyst Athletics Olympic Weightlifting Seminar – Level 1 with Greg Everett & Aimee Anaya.
· Freediving Instructors International – Level 1 Freediver with Martin Stepanek.
· Freediving Instructors International – Waterman Survival Extended.
Caleb has been a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist for over seven years. Driven to learn about the human body and its inner workings he has invested and sacrificed a great deal to learn from leaders of the industry. From performance based training to corrective protocols to movement based ideologies, Caleb has managed to achieve a diverse and broad base of education and practical experience. He continues to spend most of his free time and financial resources furthering his theoretical knowledge and improving his practical ability to help his athletes and clients achieve their goals.
- Caleb strongly believes that in health & fitness, as in life, there are many paths to the same goal and considers dogma to be the product of ignorance.
- He believes that the elimination of pain can be more empowering than becoming physically powerful.
- He is grateful for the work and/or guidance of and attributes much of his current training philosophy to: Greg Everett, Eric Cressey, Erwan Le Corre, & Ron Hruska.
- Caleb scored in the 98th & 99th percentile on his law school and business school entrance exams, respectively. He is using all of that brainpower to help you.
- He currently runs a Facebook page dedicated to the exploration of training for performance surfing here.
- A recreational freediver Caleb has a personal record Static Apnea (breath hold) time of 4 minutes and 31 seconds.
- He can likely out-eat you.
For private training or to challenge him to an eating contest, please contact Caleb @ 858.361.5218 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can find him in the water @ first peak Pleasure Point around sunset on a daily basis.
"Training, conditioning, and rehabilitation should have purpose, precision, and progression. Our sedentary society instinctively knows we need to be more physical. We even punish our bodies with activities, exercise, and athletics as a penance for our sloth. Nevertheless, the assumption that difficulty will produce fitness is misguided at best. Exercise and rehabilitation professionals should focus on activities that accelerate practical achievement, not just on difficult activities." - Gray Cook
Clay's journey into strength athletics was prompted by the birth of his daughter. Topping out at 416lbs, Clay decided that if he didn't make some big changes in his life that he woud never live long enough to see his daughter grow up. Not satisfied by simply doing workouts from muscle rags, Clay picked up a copy of Dinosaur Training by Brooks Kubik and it changed the way he looked at the gym and his own body. A trainee should be buidling his or her body for a purpose, not just aesthetics.
While dropping to 275lbs on a low carb diet, he competed in strongman, highland games, and grip sport, earning high marks in all three. His prowess in grip sport was borne from spending years making medieval armour on the weekends with his dad and he credits his ability to close the Ironmind #3 on his first day training with it to swinging a 4lb hammer for hours at a time.
Clay lived in Newbury Park, CA with legendary strongmen Odd Haugen and Dan Harrison where he began learning how to fine tune his diet and workouts to reach any goal he set his mind to. Using that experience, he's able to fluctuate between 280-350lbs while still building strength at any bodyweight.
Now a part time coach and trainer at Santa Cruz Strength, Clay is transitioning into making the Gym Life his full time occupation.
- Strongman competitor since 2003
- "A" level Highland Games thrower
- Powerlifter since 2006 (best raw lifts include 550 squat / 405 bench / 713 deadlift)
- North American Strongman, Inc. State Chairman for New Mexico from 2007-2009
- Northern California Mas Wrestling State Chairman
- Promoted and hosted many strongman and grip strength competitions
- Performed public speaking mixed with feats of strength for churches, Rotary groups, gyms.
- Shown on season 3, episode 10 of Spike TV’s “Deadliest Warrior” show as their Professional Strongman.
- Master of Ceremonies for professional strongman contests
- Author for REPS! Magazine and numerous websites for grip training
- Featured in The Californian and Albuquerque Journal newspapers
- Ironmind #3 certified Captain of Crush (2003)
- Ironmind #4 Captains of Crush closer (2004 - uncertified)
- Ironmind Red Nail bender (2004)
- Set NM state record in push/pull powerlifting (2006 - record still stands)
- Heavy Grips Strength Athlete of the Month (March 2004)
- Mash Monster gripper certifications 0 through 5
- Featured in Strong, Stronger, Strongest and Strength and Speed by strength historian Dale Harder
- First man to bend Grade 5 5/16" x 7" long tempered steel bolt, now called "Edgin bolts"
- First man to complete Ironmind's "Crushed to Dust" grip challenge